Deep Sleep mode for computer hardware

Ever heard of deep sleep mode for computer hardware? Have you faced a situation where a piece of computer hardware just vanished from list of devices in Windows device manager list?

Most common of this issue is to do with the Network controller on Windows 7 but it can affect any hardware that supports a sleep/deep sleep mode to conserve power when not in use. This is all good but the problem starts when such a component fails to wake-up from the deep sleep and Windows then believes that the hardware actually doesn’t exist!

In case of Realtek’s Netword Adapter/Controller driver installation, following message is displayed:

“The RealTek Network Adapter/Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode enabled Please Plug the Cable.

How to fix this?

There are few things that you can try. In no particular order:

• Shut down the PC and then take the power cable out of the socket. Remember shutting down the PC is not enough, you must completely switch off the power supply. Leave the machine like this for about 10 minutes or more. Power on the machine and hopefully the hardware will wake up!!
  • If the above doesn’t work, reset the motherboard by removing the RAM modules. Leave them out for some time and put them back in. Power up the machine. If this doesn’t work, leave the RAM out longer.

How to disable deep sleep mode on Windows 7 (for say the Network Adapter)

• Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Device Manager
  • Expand Network Adapters -> Properties -> Power Management Tab -> Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
Deep Sleep Mode

Deep Sleep Mode

Hope this helps!

If you are into horses, have a look at http://www.usellhorse.co.uk

Rating:
57.0
181 votes
1 2 3 4 5

14 Responses to “Deep Sleep mode for computer hardware”

1. charan said:

Nov 12, 13 at 7:02 pm

I Had tried all d above things

but my proble, is not solved

plz help me Aravind

2. irshath mohamed said:

Oct 24, 13 at 9:58 am

Hi aravind i have use hasee laptop and win 7 os. Network adapter is not showing in device manager. please can you help me.

3. nader said:

Sep 04, 13 at 3:42 pm

I did all of that , but i can’t find networks under system in the control panel i’m sure that it doesn’t exist

4. Rajesh Verran said:

Sep 03, 13 at 12:28 pm

Dear Mr. Arvind
    Resendly My pc shut down automaticaly and it show “system memory crush” and reboot
    again itself. So I manage to clean and re install W7 and I download my motherbord softweare
    from it’s. every thing is working expect Lan. When I install Lan driver, it’s didn’t work and also in device manager. I search in internet and that i found was because of BIOS. I try to enable lan from bios but I didn’t see any word concern with Lan. Here is my motherboard details

MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE H61M-S2PV

5. ibrahim said:

Apr 15, 13 at 12:42 pm

what about me that am using Acer laptop aspire 5742z am having the same problem my Ethernet controller pls I need an urgent solution.

6. Arvind said:

Mar 01, 13 at 7:21 am

Just to double check, did you physically remove the power plug from the socket? Only shutting down the PC isn’t enough. Good luck!!

7. NoonTaxes said:

Mar 01, 13 at 6:37 am

Not working for me, is there any more solutions?

8. Aenima said:

Feb 27, 13 at 5:13 pm

No me figura “adaptador de red” en “administrador de dispositivos” Cómo puedo seguir??

9. lastbridge said:

Feb 24, 13 at 3:17 am

Please post the “Perfect Solution” of this problem!!!!!

10. bevelrzzzzzzz said:

Nov 09, 12 at 8:24 pm

i have a siemens pc .. does this work with xp too-.–plsss text back

11. Arvind said:

Jul 23, 12 at 5:28 pm

Are you logged in with the Administrative rights when you make the changes (uncheck the box)? If not, that may be the reason that your changes are not getting saved? Other than that I can’t think of what might be the cause.

12. rijo said:

Jul 23, 12 at 5:18 pm

I have tired the above it worked the first time.. i have unchecked the power option as said.. but again the same thing repeated the very next day and now even though i repeated my process its not working.. :(.. pls help.

13. Arvind said:

Jul 29, 11 at 10:58 am

Since you have a laptop, have you tried taking the battery out for say about 5 minutes?

14. BASHARATH said:

Jul 29, 11 at 10:30 am

Boss I tried all the above in my laptop but still I’m getting the same problem.
    please tell me if it’s there any other solution.